Friday, June 13, 2014

Swim Team Fundraiser

Background

Coach Matt is putting on a Rubber Duck Race in the Buck Creek river right next to the middle school. (Approved by the City). The goal is to sell 2,000+ rubber ducks for a donation of $1 each with proceeds benefitting the Ryan Fischer Legacy Scholarship and the Grandville Swim & Dive team. As part of the Bulldog athletics family, it is important to show our support. The race will take place after the Grandville 4th of July Parade where we will dump the adopted ducks into the creek. Top 10 finishing ducks will win community prizes. Examples: Family Griffin’s Ticket Package, Brann’s, Osgood Brewing Co., Striders etc. If you have any contacts in the Grandville community for prizes, please email me or let me know if you can get a prize.

This is a fundraiser benefitting the swimming programs in Grandville and I am asking for help from the swimmers and the parents! I am hoping each person can sell 25 ducks before the 4th of July. The more we sell, the more Ryan’s legacy will benefit along with the Swimming & Dive program.

I will have packets at the high school for people to pick up on how to sell the ducks available on Tuesday, June 17th. 

I am also going to need at least 20 volunteers on the 4th of July. I know a lot of you will be out of town, but if you are available, I will not be able to make this fundraiser happen without you. Please email me if you can help for an hour or so. Did I mention the race is awesome to watch?

If you know anyone who would like to sponsor the race, let me know as well. I currently have Grand Valley Health Plan on board! 

Also, if you are out of town and still would like to help, you can direct people to adopt their ducks at…

Osgood Brewing Co.

Grandville KDL

Grandville Uchello’s 

Also, email if you would like a flyer of the event and be sure to like and share the Ducky Dash facebook page

www.facebook.com/TheDuckyDash

This is a great opportunity for our swimming programs and I hope to make this a tradition. Email me with any questions!

Coach Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment